CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Home of the Basso Lions
Ph : 08 92791949
As per Federal Govt shutdown - Stage 1 - effective 12pm on Monday 23rd March 2020, all licensed premises (bars/clubs) are required to close.
We hope that all members, friends, staff and volunteers stay safe during these troubling times.
We will be back...bigger and better, later this year in preparation for a huge season 2020/21.
The instant and abrupt end to the 2019/20 season presents a testing scenario. On one hand both our women’s and men’s sides have had a fantastic year and is one to be proud off. On the other hand, the uncertainty of COVID-19 and the sudden stop to our season’s trading presents other challenges.
Our strategic response to this as a club will be to keep the club as safe from COVID-19 as possible while still trading to help cover costs. This will include:
– Slowing things down a little
– Adapting to the ever changing operating environment;
– Continuing to trade at a more conservative level
– Avoiding creating large crowds at the club
– Keeping the club open to our members
As a result, we have made the following changes:
1. We have moved back to our winter trading hours but still remain open 7 days a week;
2. We have cancelled functions and corporate events until the beginning of May 2020;
3. We will work with the Ambassador Dart club and Darts WA to agree what comes next for them;
4. We will establish guidelines for entry to the club that will be posted on the door and be visible inside;
5. We will start work on the refurbishment of B Green;
6. We have stopped our Quiz-nites until further notice;
7. We have deferred the wind up until May;
8. Friday night meals will stop until further notice;
9. Our independent vote counter will conclude the vote count for men’s and women’s bowls in all grades and we will post that information in the future;
10. The Exec Committee will meet fortnightly in the immediate future to monitor and adjust further as we go.
11. We will keep you informed as things change – and they no doubt will.
This will draw on our available cash reserves and reinforces the need for sound financial management. I believe we can manage that but this obviously depends on the ongoing severity and duration of future COVID-19 developments.
What can you do?
– Comply with government and health guidelines especially self-isolation after international travel or if visitors arrive;
– Stay at home when sick or recovering after illness;
– Continue to support the club – come down for a beer and a catch up;
– Maintain good hygiene and wash your hands regularly;
– Cover up when sneezing or coughing;
– Use your member card or credit card instead of cash and swipe it yourself if possible;
– Avoid bringing large groups to the club for the time being.
We will work our way through this. Please be responsible and consider others at all times, especially those that are most vulnerable.
Bowls WA has announced the following:
The Board further recommends that clubs act similarly in postponing or cancelling social, club and championship events to minimize the risk to its own membership, staff, volunteers and visitors to the club.
Specifically, the following events will be impacted:
Ladies Metropolitan Pennant Finals
As per the email forwarded by Pieter Harris to competing clubs, this event will be finalized today and tomorrow, but at the differing venues as noted to lessen the impact of crowds:
Premier League / 1 White / 4th Division at Yokine BC
1st Division Green Nth and Sth at Osborne Park BC
2nd & 3rd Division at Manning Memorial BC
Men’s Metropolitan Pennant
Both Thursday and Saturday competitions have been suspended immediately and indefinitely.
Although suspended, given the current health climate it is likely that these competitions will be cancelled, however that decision will be taken once further direction is provided by Government and Health authorities in the days and weeks ahead.
Any promotions or demotions to the current divisions will be considered in due course.
Ladies Country Week
This event has been cancelled; Country Committee delegates have been informed by email this morning for wider distribution and all clubs notified by email accordingly. As a result the annual Country vs Metro match will also be cancelled.
Entry fees will be refunded to entrants, but we do ask for patience in this regard given the size of the task.
Ladies IZRR Fours
It is strongly recommended that this event be cancelled. Country Committee delegates have been informed of Bowls WA’s position this morning, including the host Southern Zone.
State Over 60s Mixed Pairs
This event has been cancelled.
Other State events
A decision on the playing of other state events will be made in coming days.
General Club Events
It is the strong advice of Bowls WA that all social, club and league fixtures/events be cancelled.
The current position of authorities is changing daily and will no doubt become more stringent in the days ahead.
The safety of our members, particularly given the age demographics of many is our most important responsibility now; your support in this will be appreciated.
Chief Executive Officer
Bowls WA has urged all clubs to cancel all club events including corporate and other bowls.
Our corporate Bowls Windup scheduled for Wednesday 18th March has been cancelled.
Your executive committee is meeting tonight (17/03) to discuss our club event finals and I expect we will play them but it may be some time before that happens.
I am sorry to convey that news and it effectively means the 2019/20 season is over.
More information can be found here:
Once a month the Basso Bowlo presents a night of fun and frivolity with our Trivia Sessions. Grab your mates and get ready to battle it out.
BBC commissioned social member, Andrew Grero to improve the old rampant lion logo on the A/B Green side of the clubhouse. What has been completed is a masterpiece and as Andrew states "his best work to date". Members are wrapped with the outcome and hopefully there may be some more artwork to come in the future.
CURRENT JACKPOT @ $2,150.00
Every Friday is Chase the Ace.
Purchase any drink between 3pm & 7.29pm for a ticket into the draw.
Drawn @ 7.30pm every Friday and you must be present to win. T&C's: Active members only. (50% prize for non-member)
For up to date News, Team Selection, Standings, and to chat all things Basso, download the TeamApp today via the App Store or Google Play.
Search for "BASSENDEAN BC"
Check out our Facebook page for news / events / live streaming of Club Bowls finals, and much much more.
Search for @bassendeanbowlingclub or click below.
Sign up to hear from us about news, events and specials.